R.U.M. recently returned with a channel on the CaDiR Teams space. There has been an enthusiastic response with many R Users joining from across the University and we are now seeking volunteers to help organise and deliver in-person and online R.U.M. events for the coming year.
Why join the Organising Team?
Volunteering with R.U.M. is a great way to meet other R Users, develop additional skills e.g. event planning / communications and boost your CV. It's also a useful way to:
- Meet potential collaborators from across UoM.
- Keep up with the latest best practices in R programming.
- Share your R skills and knowledge with others.
What Does the Organizing Team Do?
As a member of the Organising Team, you would help plan and host activities for the R User Group. This includes tasks such as:
- Helping to arrange presenters or guest speakers
- Chairing presentations and discussions
- Publicising R User Group events internally and externally e.g. via social media
How much time is needed?
The Organising Team will meet periodically to plan activities for the months ahead – a time commitment of ~ 1 - 2 hours per month.
How to Get Involved
We are hoping to hear from postgraduate research students and staff (all staff groups) who are R users of all levels from novices to experts. R technical expertise is not required.
If you feel that you can help, please get in touch with Kamilla Kopec-Harding to find out more. The first meeting of the organising team will take place the week beginning Monday 27th March. We look forward to hearing from you!